Re: Call for Review: Working Draft of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 10:48:01 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Send comments to the public comments mailing list by 10 September 2003:

Slashdot has an article up:

<http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/08/01/1945250>

<quoth>
The W3C has released their W3C WCAG 2.0 Standards (that's World Wide Web
Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) for a request for
comments before it becomes a standard.
</quoth>

Is it really true this is our last chance to make corrections? The
multimedia section isn't anywhere near production-ready and I rather doubt
it would be fixed adequately by other WAI/WCAG WG members. I *am* going to
file comments by the deadline. I won't be able to solve even the problems
that are within my area of expertise. If that's truly the last deadline,
though, the resulting spec will not be good enough.

--

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_