Re: Accessible Development Methodologies: Comments Requested

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 06:12  PM, Matthew Smith wrote:
> I assume that David refers to production of symbols like the
> disability wheelchair symbol, the information i, which are globally
> recognisable.
>
> Is anyone aware of a project to do this, or could this be a possible
> future project for the W3C?

There is a group known as (I'm not kidding with the alphabet soup here)
the ISO/IEC JTC1 SC35[1] (User Interface) and SC36[2] (Culture,
Language and Function Accommodation) task forces.

The WAI Protocols and Formats Working Group is chaired by someone who
is involved in some of this work and (fortunately) can translate this
all for us. I know I wouldn't want to do it. <g>

[1]http://comelec.afnor.fr/servlet/
ServletForum?form_name=cForumPage&file_name=Z62A%2Findex.htm&login=invit
e&password=invite
[2]http://jtc1sc36.org/

-