Form text field default & validation

From: Donna m87 <dm87@rogers.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:05:04 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I have been searching for a solution to this dilemma, perhaps I am
searching using the wrong keywords, I have not found a solution.

I want to validate my form so that the required fields each contain
data, entered by the submitter.  Accessibility demands that a text
area field contain default text.  When default text is included for a
form field it validates automatically, and the submitter does not
receive a reminder to fill in the required fields.

How can I include default information in the text field AND validate
that same text field?

Thanks
Donna