Re: Open Source "Edapta"

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:36:23 +0100
To: Isofarro <w3evangelism@faqportal.uklinux.net>
CC: WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Isofarro wrote:

>From: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
>

>>I am interested in finding people who would be willing to work
>>on an open source "edapta" server project -- in other words, putting
>>together the available tools (Apache, XSLT, etc.) to develop a free
>>package which can be installed on Web sites to enable content
>>delivery transformations.
>>

>Sounds similar to Nick Kew's mod_accessibility:
>http://www.webthing.com/software/mod_accessibility
>which runs as a module under Apache 2.0.

But which is not Open Source. I believe that IBM's effort in this area
with WBI is available as an open source project in their alphaworks area
but is no longer under development by IBM (this is from talking to an
IBM engineer, Rich Schwerdtfeger, who used to work on it - I don't
currently have links available).

cheers

Chaals