RE: <Form><input type="file" value !="browse" />?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:14:13 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Could someone advise me is it possible to change the default
> value for a button of input type="file" in a <form>
>
> the default seems to be " browse" and that is not appropriate.

The only context in which I can see a justification for using any word other
than that normally used by the shell is if the site in question would be the
only experience the user would ever have of using a computer with that shell
(or with a similar shell).

Otherwise your just creating another piece of jargon. In fact it's worse;
you're creating an ideolect.