Re: Bobby on Linux

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:42:05 +1030
To: tim@wiseguysonly.com
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Tim

> I can get bobby to run fine, but whatever URL or local file I attempt to
> validate, no report is displayed...

I am running Bobby on Linux; I have only had one minor problem whereby
the Properties dialogue would open to a size (not re-sizable) too small
to use; this problem went away on it's own in a mysterious manner...

Are you running the latest JVM?  I am using (with success) Sun's J2SDK
V1.4.1 on a 2.4.18 Linux kernel.  If you are using a bundled JVM, try
downloading (if you've got a decent connection - it's big) the latest
from Sun and try again.

If you want to do any comparison tests, contact me off-list.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
IT Consultant - KBC, South Australia
http://www.kbc.net.au