RE: Bobby on Linux

This is the kind of message that Watchfire's Bobby support
(bobbysupport@watchfire.com) generally handles privately, but I will respond
on the list. Although issues with accessibility evaluation tools are
probably on topic for the WAI IG list, in case people feel it is off topic
from the more general discussion I'd like to suggest an alternative list -
the Bobby discussion forum at
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/forum.jsp. That online discussion
board has an active group of Bobby users who often help each other with
issues like yours. That board is not regularly monitored by Bobby support
though.

From the brief description of the problem, my guess is that Bobby is
attempting to open reports in the "system" browser window. This allows
people to view reports using their standard browser such as Internet
Explorer or Netscape Navigator. This is one of the few parts of Bobby that
relies on functionality external to Java, and therefore it does not work on
all systems. We usually can detect systems on which it does not work and
automatically switch report display to the internal browser, but sometimes
that detection doesn't work.

You can change Bobby's report viewer manually by opening the Preferences
dialog and choosing the "Java" Report Viewer. Hopefully this will solve your
problem. If it does not please contact me or Bobby support directly.

Michael

Michael Cooper
Accessibility Project Manager
Watchfire