Re: Stylesheet media type aural and screenreaders

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Lloyd G. Rasmussen wrote:

> I think the only user agent that supports this well is EmacSpeak, which
> runs in Unix and Linux and has only a few hundred users.  The concepts have

based on the number of folks I know who use EmacSpeak I would suspect
there are a lot more than a few hundred users, most however don't say much
just hack thier own system it seems

bob

> migrated into many other products and protocols, but implementation seems
> minimal.  The concept is not dead.
> At 04:06 PM 6/25/03 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >When adding a stylesheet to a page you can specify a media type as
> >Aural.
> >
> >How well is this supported amongst screen readers?
> >
> >Cheers,
>
> Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
> Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
> National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
> Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
> HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
> The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
> those of NLS.

safety deserve Neither liberty nor safety",    Benjamin Franklin
    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net