Re: [WAI] is a hack, but not terrible Re: list management

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:28:21 +0200
Cc: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: andy@andyheath.org.uk

Which exemplifies why I think it is a hack, and in the long run not
much good. I filter all my WAI mail 3 ways (not into boxes, just so
they are marked in my client), mostly based on the mailing list. Some
people want all their WAI mail together. Some want to filter it out if
it comes from me and is sent to WAI. etc...

hacking the subject line isn't a  nice solution to this, filtering on
the headers is. They are not fundamentally incompatible of course, just
one works better and one works even in broken clients.

cheers

Chaals