Re: Stylesheet media type aural and screenreaders

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen <lras@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:16:11 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I think the only user agent that supports this well is EmacSpeak, which
runs in Unix and Linux and has only a few hundred users.  The concepts have
migrated into many other products and protocols, but implementation seems
minimal.  The concept is not dead.
At 04:06 PM 6/25/03 +0100, you wrote:
>When adding a stylesheet to a page you can specify a media type as
>How well is this supported amongst screen readers?

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.