Re: Forms

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:04:09 +0200
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: "Tim Roberts" <tim@wiseguysonly.com>

The title attribute is good for people who have screen readers set up
to work with it, but that is only a tiny proportion even of people with
disabilities using the web.

The label element is designed to allow visible labels to be provided,
as the author sees fit, and still have a way for people using assistive
technologies to get all the information and navigation control they
need to fill out a form.

(until Xforms comes along, when things will eventually get nicer again.
At the moment though it seems that xforms-capable systes are only at
the start of figuring out how to implement the accessibility stuff that
the spec includes).

cheers

Chaals