Re: Forms

From: Tim Roberts <tim@wiseguysonly.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:26:58 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

It would have been beneficial to add that there is a standard attribute title
which can be used in an input element.

W3 reference for the title attribute.

"Values of the title attribute may be rendered by user agents in a variety of
ways. For instance, visual browsers frequently display the title as a "tool
tip" (a short message that appears when the pointing device pauses over an
object). Audio user agents may speak the title information in a similar
context. For example, setting the attribute on a link allows user agents
(visual and non-visual) to tell users about the nature of the linked resource."

(http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#adef-title)

On an input element this is the closest attribute for providing functionality
similar to the alt attribute.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 01:46:48 -0700, Bill Mason wrote