Re: Automatic Detection of Screen Readers and Other Assistive Technology

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:29:32 -0700
Cc: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
To: Aaron Smith <aaron@gwmicro.com>

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 01:04 PM, Aaron Smith wrote:
> Depends on your definition of automatic. There is a potential
> solution, but I don't think what you're looking for exists. If someone
> else has contrary information, please share.

Well, at some point, you're better off just ASKING the user if they're
using a screenreader.  The potential solution -- which seems to involve
asking the user to disable security -- doesn't seem to be "automatic."

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com