Re: OutSpoken for Macintosh euthanized

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:17:05 +0100 (BST)
To: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Cc: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Joe Clark wrote:

>    Oakland, Calif. - June 10, 2003 - ALVA B.V., a leading provider of
>    assistive information technology for the blind and visually-impaired,
>    today announced that it will no longer develop outSPOKEN or inLARGE,
>    ALVA's screen reader and screen enlarger for Macintosh computers.

This is the inevitable fate of any proprietary software (though the
dropping of it more often gets disguised as an upgrade - give us more
money or get lost).

Is this worth rescuing?  If so, perhaps we could suggest to the
vendor that they release source code for the community to continue
development.

--
Nick Kew