OutSpoken for Macintosh euthanized

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:10:55 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: kynn@kynn.com

ALVA to Cease Development of outSPOKEN for Macintosh and inLARGE for
Macintosh

                               News Release

   FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

   Contact:
   Larry Lake
   510 451-ALVA (2582) ext. 105
   info@aagi.com

    ALVA to Cease Development of outSPOKEN for Macintosh and inLARGE for
                                 Macintosh

   Oakland, Calif. - June 10, 2003 - ALVA B.V., a leading provider of
   assistive information technology for the blind and visually-impaired,
   today announced that it will no longer develop outSPOKEN or inLARGE,
   ALVA's screen reader and screen enlarger for Macintosh computers.

   "ALVA is very committed to assistive technology and we're proud we
   helped raise the performance and feature bar with these Macintosh
   products," said Eric Weldink, president and CEO of ALVA. "The market
   has changed, however, and our resources are best directed towards
   producing stand-alone products with dedicated user interfaces tailored
   to the needs of our customers - blind and low-vision IT and personal
   technology users. The ALVA MPO or Mobile Phone Organizer is an example
   of our targeted efforts. With its customized interface and
   applications, this integrated cell phone and personal organizer will
   reach the broadest customer group we've ever served."

   outSPOKEN for Macintosh 9.2 and inLARGE for Macintosh 2.1 will be
   available for the remainder of the year and all warranties and
   documented service agreements will be honored.
[...]