Re: Suggestions for Search Form

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 07:14:40 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> 1) Is it OK to have the submit control of a form somewhere before the
> end?  Because of the advanced options which may not be used, I have
> placed it after the section title?

I haven't really thought this out from an accessibility point of view, but
there are precedents, e.g. Google, for this, and there is no technical
reason why there should not be redundant submit buttons.

I guess the real accessibility issue is that users may perceive the submit
button as marking the end of the form.