Re: Suggestions for Search Form

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 02:41:49 +0200
To: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Yep, the problem is people thinking they are at the end of the form
because that's where they expect the submit button. (Habits are
important in designing interactions...)

A possible approach to try and clarify...

...Basic form stuff...
<label for="subMe">Continue below for advanced options, or <input
type="submit" id="subMe" value="Submit basic options chosen Now" /></label>.
...Advanced form stuff with another submit button at the end, using an
appropriate label

it aint perfect, but nor am I.

cheers

Chaals