Re: UK Railway Timetable Accessbility Deconstructed

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:29:07 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

<snip>
> The Register has an article describing how the only good thing about the
> new version of the UK railway journey planner is that it has a more
> memorable URL!
</snip>

A very good "how not to do it" site, but little help for anyone wanting
train times...

The article cites a lack of redirection from the old URL.  This is not
the first change; I only left England early in 2001, but my bookmark
shows http://www.railtrack.co.uk/travel for the timetables.  This URL
now produces a 404 error.  I wonder where it will be in a year's time?

Cheers

Matthew Smith
IT Consultant - KBC, South Australia
KBC Web Site    http://www.kbc.net.au