Re: *Complex* Tables, Forms, Labeling, I'm still confused

From: Douglas Livingstone <lists@redmelon.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:42:57 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> My understanding of <label> is
> that it is displayed as text on the screen for visual users, and is
> to be read as the prompt for a given element.  If I'm right about that,
> I can't use the label idea, I think.

If I understand your problem, which I'm not 100% on, you could try putting
this in your style sheet:

label.hidden {
 visibility: hidden;

And later:

<label for="mybox" class="hidden">Label</label>

Visibility, to my understanding, should only affect visual browsers, so your
screen readers will pick up the label, but it won't be visible to visual
user agents.