RE: "title" and screen readers

From: Hy Cohen <hy@miplet.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 07:50:56 -0700
To: "'jonathan chetwynd'" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

My understanding is JAWS will read forms with title tags in them as long
as there isn't a label associated with it.  I know for sure JAWS will
read title tags in <a> tags, provided the user has their settings set
properly.

Window-Eyes will read titles for forms that don't have a label in them.
However, Window=-Eyes will not read title tags in the <a> tag.  When I
asked GW Micro, the creators of Window-Eyes if they could add this
feature, they said they didn't see the need.

Hope that helps!

Warmly,
Hy