RE: Are Accessibility Standards Impeding Progress on the Web?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:21:05 +0100
To: "WAI \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Also author saying it a too large strain on
> their
> servers to do it server-side are missing the point. The client-side is
> an
> extremely hostile environment so the server-side has still to do alot.

Yes. As one example whenever I see client-side validation I'd lay money on
whatever on the server is receiving that validated data being hopelessly
insecure.
This isn't to say that client-side validation doesn't have its place (I
would always recommend it is used - just not on its own); just that I'd win
that bet more often than I'd lose it.