RE: Are Accessibility Standards Impeding Progress on the Web?

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:42:27 -0400
To: "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

>You can use javascript to store information about what has
>already occurred and to reduce network traffic in a manner for which you
will
>be able to find a complying enabling tool for just about every disability
the
>user might have. In a closed-environment situation I'd probably recommend
>doing just that.

Can you be a bit more specific?  The impression I get is that you are saying
it is OK to use Javascript in a closed environment.  Which is probably the
direction I would lean toward, but I just want to get clarification.

In my opinion, I don't think that it's a problem to have a requirement of
Javascript being enabled in a closed environment.  But, again, the problem
you'll run into are archaic situations where clients in the same system
might have different, non-DOM, base browsers.

Randal