RE: Are Accessibility Standards Impeding Progress on the Web?

From: Robert Neff <robert.neff@uaccessit.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:12:45 -0500
To: "'RUST Randal'" <RRust@COVANSYS.com>, "'WAI \(E-mail\)'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

One note here, the cookie issue is not so much a 508 issue as it is a
privacy issue.  There was a big uproar several years back over privacy
and cookies and the government went (in my humble opinion) too far to
disallow them.  They are allowed for certain circumstances for example,
order from online catalog.

However the issue is how it work around cookies and that can be done by
session management

Server side is definitely the way to go as it also decrease your file
size and download time on the client side - THIS EQUATES TO BETTER
CUSTOMER SERVICE which is what you want.

Robert Neff