Re: do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:21:08 +0100
To: "WAI List \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

"Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
> I think SVG is going to be your best bet here. It does have
implementation,
> it is realtively easy to clip a bit of an image and resize it, I am
pretty
> sure you can add transparency directly. (I am waiting for Jim Ley to say
he
> has a tool that does this already, but if he doesn't, I am sure someone
else
> does).

I probably do, (or at least a trivial addition to current tools - the
tracing out of people to areas is there e.g.
http://jibbering.com/rdf/foafwhoss4.1 ) however I can't begin to recommend
anyone use SVG for content which is intended to be accessible in more than
the theoretical sense (even with your own interesting work Charles) - and
only then if the SVG doesn't interact with a user, if it does interact
there's no way at all to make it accessible that I can see.

Jim.