Re: search form and label element

From: Bill Mason <w3c@accessibleinter.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:44:19 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 02:20 PM 07/26/2002, Donna wrote:
>How can I add a label to the form below to satisfy the label element
>requirement and without changing the function of the form and affecting
>its interaction with the Atomz search process?
>
>Explicitly associate form controls and their labels with the LABEL
>element. (1 instance)
><form method="get" action="http://searchservicexx.com">
><input size=15 name="squiggy" accesskey="s" value="keyword">
><input type=submit value="Search" name="submit22">
><input type=hidden name="squiggy" value="sq398583">
></form>

As long as you don't change:
* Any of the FORM attributes
* The name and value attributes of the INPUT tags

Nothing you do with adding a LABEL should affect the Atomz
functionality.  You can also reference the search box on my (sigh, defunct)
Star Trek fan site as an example; it's an Atomz
search.  (http://www.data1701d.com/)

Bill Mason
Accessible Internet
w3c@accessibleinter.net