do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 03:29:49 +0100
To: "WAI List \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Is there a (popular) graphical compression algorithm for faces? with transparency for sprites?
Are vector graphics capable of meeting this need? (svg+jpg seems like a large hammer for such a small nut)
Do we need such a minimal standard? (peepo uses gifs, and has done for some years, because of the need for transparency.)

Looking through the music sites, the use of jpeg is noticeable (that is the absence of flash, or vector graphics) where representation of the artiste is concerned.
(Though flash is frequently used for navigation.)

for films categorised by disability visit: http://www.disabilityfilms.co.uk/

jonathan chetwynd
http://www.peepo.com