Re: Browser Issues

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:04:28 -0000
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

"Joe Clark" <joeclark@joeclark.org>
> >Apologies to Mr Clark, the message was not sent to the list, Randal
> >Rust just forwarded the reply.
> >
> >Can I just note that I find it extremely worrying that people give
> >misleading advice that is against the WCAG guidelines (both 1 and 2
> >draft ) via email to preople asking for implementation advice
>
> It's none of your business what people say in private E-mail.

Of course it's not, I still find it worrying that people are willing to
give advice privately to a post on the wai-ig list that is give advice
which is in the exact opposite of what the WAI's WCAG guidelines say, if
people disagree with the WAI guidelines I would hope they'd have the
decency to put that information on the lists where it can be debated and
the guidelines changed if a consensus agrees.  To spread misinformation
where it cannot be peer reviewed worrys me - I'm surprised it doesn't
worry you?

> >  - they are doing a massive disservice to the purpose of the list
> >existing, as well as encouraging the person to create inaccessible
> >pages.
>
> Only if you're snooping on other people's E-mails, which they may
> send for any reason and with any content they wish.

Snooping? the message I'm talking about was posted to the list