RE: Browser Issues

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:02:58 -0500
To: "WAI (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>> Which makes me breathe a sigh of relief.  I know that there are
>accessible
>> ways to use Javascript,
>
>You do?  Would you care to expand on them, people with that knowledge
>seem extremely thin on the ground and
>http://www.learningdifficulty.org/develop/w3c-scripts.html is always
>looking for examples.

----------

An accessible use of Javascript:

example:  <a href="new.htm" onclick="window.open('new.htm');" return
false">text</a>

An article about this recently appeared on Evolt.org.  Technically, you're
not using Javascript to get the desired effect, but the point is that the
user have access to comparable information if they have Javascript turned
off.  A script such as this will do the trick.

Take a look at this for more information:
http://www.webreference.com/new/020221.html

Randal