RE: Empty alt tags

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spinsol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:48:36 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> Can somebody explain me what an alt tag is? Is there something
> like <alt>blablabla</alt>?? And how to use this correctly??
> In the faq I also read about an alt tag..

It's reasonable to speak of an alt tag. "tag" in a general context can mean
any signifier, and hence would include the alt attribute.

Imprecise language can be a nuisance though, or deeply irritating (people
using "hacker" to mean people who break into computer systems without
authorisation being my pet peeve of the week).