Creating accessible tables for layout and data

From: Jim Byrne <j.byrne@gcal.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:05:21 +0000
To: W3c_Access <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have just published a new article on the Making Connections Unit Website
about creating accessible HTML tables for both layout and data. It is called
'Table Manners' and you can find it here:
http://www.mcu.org.uk/articles/tables.html

In this article you will find:

*    A discussion about the merits of using Tables or Cascading Style Sheets
(CSS) for page layout.
*    Techniques for making layout tables accessible.
*    Techniques for making data tables accessible.

I am eager to get some feedback - I am sure not everyone will agree with my
conclusions.

All the best,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design, Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: