-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Al Gilman
Sent: Wednesday, 16 January 2002 8:37 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 04:45 PM 2002-01-15 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>By the way, if anyone has comments related to the accessibility of the
>archive (especially from a "I have this problem because..." perspective,
>maybe they would like to start a thread...

AG:: I am not sure we need more comments, or at least not a start from
scratch
development of this question..

Please review the state of the comments at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-xtech/2001Aug/thread.html
before re-inventing.

If there is something major we missed then, please post to
<wai-xtech@w3.org>
with [archive] in subject line.

If your main message is "Why isn't something being done about it?" I am not
sure what is the most effective way to convey this.  But you may include me
on
the distribution.

This is not to denigrate the news idea.  It is a very plausible technical
strategy so far as I know.  And yes, the mode of operation of this list
could
use a tuneup if we could get half clear on how.

By the way this is a recognized problem.  There is a recruiting effort
underway
on the Team for someone, part of whose duties would be to help with this
list.

<http://web.mit.edu/jobs/listings/02-0000022.html>http://web.mit.edu/jobs/l
istings/02-0000022.html

Al