Re: ferreting out the meaning of horizontal rules [was: RE: Bobby inaccuracy?]

Hi

Good advice Charles, I feel I'm on the verge of nit picking by adding to
it.

On Tue 15-Jan-2002 at 04:13:42 -0800, Charles F. Munat wrote:

> So I would do it this way:
>
> <hr alt="Begin main content." />
>
> Or something along those lines.

This is what the title="" tag is for :-)

> Then you can use the title element on the div to provide more
> information on that section, if you like.
>
> Example:

>     (Navigation links)

Yes, I do this quite often and since title="" can be added to almost all
elements (everything but base, basefont, head, html, meta, param, script
and title) you can also use it without adding potentially additional
elements like div's, eg:

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>