Using Form Elements for Pages only Intended for Printing

From: Geoff Deering <gdeering@acslink.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:33:10 +1100
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I'd like some feedback on the issue of using form elements for pages only
intended for printing.

Quite often sites will produce pages whose only intention is for you to be
able to print the form, fill it in, and either fax or post it.  Maybe this
is an accessibility issue in itself.

This always catches me off guard, I often don't read the small print and
start filling in the form, and when I finally scroll to the bottom, and find
no submit button I realize it was not intended as a submitable form.

My preference is to use standard markup for making print only forms and use
any form elements at all.  What do others think?  Especially those of you
who are visual impaired.

Geoff Deering
http://www.acslink.aone.net.au/gdeering/