From: Carol Foster [mailto:c.foster@umassp.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:19 AM
To: gdeering@acslink.net.au
Cc: WAI Interest Group
Subject: Re: Using Form Elements for Pages only Intended for Printing

Hi Geoff,

We struggled with this recently when creating a print-only form for another
part
of the University.  They did not have staff set up to receive and process an
email form, but we decided it would help folks to be able to at least fill
in
the form online, so that is why we decided to use form elements.  We wanted
add a "Print" button to make it clearer, but that turns out to require
JavaScript to work, and we were aiming for WAI Pri. 1.  At present the only
mention that it is print-only is on the page that it is linked to, so maybe
we
should put something at the top of the form too?  Anyway, it is not perfect
know!  I can recommend improvements to it and anything else like this we
come
across in the future based on your and others' comments.  The form is a
complicated one -- it's at
http://www.umass-i495.net/registration/regform.cfm

Carol

Geoff Deering wrote:

> I'd like some feedback on the issue of using form elements for pages only
> intended for printing.

Carol Foster, Web Developer
University of Massachusetts, President's Office
http://www.umass-its.net/ipg