Re: Frames and accessibility: opinions please

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:03:37 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Access Systems wrote:
>
>   I run Lynx on linux.   it is a very basic system that is generally
> accepted as the basic accessible system (as per sec 508) that needs to
> provided access.

> Nick Kew wrote:
>
> Yes, I know it well.  And indeed, a framed site without adequate
> noframes content can be most annoying in it.

The Access Board guidance regarding FRAMES does not mention NOFRAMES, only
titles.

See http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.22.htm#(i)

Lynx on Linux is not mentioned as the basic accessible system either.

Wouldn't it be less expensive to fix Lynx's current inability to support
the complete HTML standard that to ask the many web developers to provide a
noframes version?

Of course that wouldn't fix all the other non-accessibility problems with
frames <frown>

Regards,
Phill