Re: Acrobat PDF & Accessibility

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:43:39 -0500
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "Jason Megginson" <jason@bartsite.com>, "'Ken Reader'" <kreader@attaininc.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
actually, you cannot run a fully secure document through any of the
publicly available free conversion tools that I know of without getting
a similar message to that which you get when you bring them up in
acrobat reader 5.05. or 5.5.  The security issue is a grave one because
in order to grant access to screen readers the propper flag must be set
by the author unless this has been changed with 5.05.