Re: Acrobat PDF & Accessibility

On Sunday 23 December 2001 15:43, David Poehlman wrote:
|   actually, you cannot run a fully secure document through any of the
|   publicly available free conversion tools that I know of without getting
|   a similar message to that which you get when you bring them up in
|   acrobat reader 5.05. or 5.5.  The security issue is a grave one because
|   in order to grant access to screen readers the propper flag must be set
|   by the author unless this has been changed with 5.05.

And Dmitry Sklyarov's case definitly comes here in mind.
What about e-Books?
Are the rights to read them *in a way you prefer* (like Screen Reder, or with
increased/changed fonts) granted to us by the Constitution, or given by
Content Publisher?

to rephrase my question:
Do you break any law by applying "publicly available free conversion tools"
on some content which is *owned* by you?
(either you loaded it from the intrnet, or bought in shop/online, or leased,
or rights to use this content was given to you by friend, etc.)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)