Tree Navigation - Javascript

From: Sharon Dennison <sharond@mel.hiser.com.au>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:26:32 +1100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

We are considering implementing a tree navigation structure on a website
which would expand/contract - similar to Outlook - as choices were made.

Can anyone tell me the problems this may cause, particularly for a
vision impaired user who may be using an assistive technology - it is
anticpated it would be coded using Javascript.

I recognise that a P1 is that pages still need to be usable when scripts
are turned off - can anyone suggest how this could be done better using
a similar kind of functionality or an alternative that could be provided
if scripts when are disabled.  Any example sites would be appreciated.

(I have had a quick look through the archives, but finding exactly what
I was after was proving very difficult)

Thanks in advance
Sharon Dennison
Designer