Re: Fw: putting reader text in hidden <div> tags / adding pauses

From: Mike Scott <mscott@msfw.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 02:12:59 -0600 (CST)
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: <RandR@SEC.GOV>
For what it's worth, the about-to-be-released IBM Home Page Reader version
3.02 will no longer read text with Display: None (or Visibility: Hidden).
JAWS (at least as of 4.0.103) will read it if Display: None (or Visibility:
Hidden) is set in the <style> block or in an external style sheet, but not
if it is set in-line.

According to the CSS specs, screen readers should NOT read content with
Display: None but should read content with Visibility: Hidden.