Re: How to complain?

At 9:27 AM +0800 2001/11/01, Harry Woodrow wrote:
>Sorry I cant afford to waste stamps but maybe you would like to write to the
>developer of this site for me Kynn.  Just ask him if there was a reason that
>ALT descriptors arent used please.
>
>http://www.reef.com

Basically, because despite Reef's lip service to 508 compliance and
accessibility, the company has refused since January to listen when
their in-house accessibility expert makes recommendations, despite
the fact that the company's credibility as an accessibility solution
suffers great for it.  Is it incompetency?  Laziness?  Lack of
education?  Likely all of the above, quite honestly.

By the way, said accessibility expert was recently terminated and his
last day is November 12.  So if you know of any companies who actually
are interested in both trying to cash in on 508 _and_ actually set
a good example, drop me a note, and I will get you on touch with
said accessibility expert.  (Although, all things considered, he
doesn't come cheap.)

If you're looking for sites that I'm responsible for, you could try
Idyll Mountain Internet's web site (www.idyllmtn.com), my own personal
site (www.kynn.com), the HWG site -- which I'm no longer responsible
for but for which I did the primary design -- or any of the sites
designed by my wife's Idyll Mountain Internet.  As a hint, the most
glaring accessibility error is the same as on the WAI homepage --
they lack useful illustration.  I offer these sites because I assume
your point is to discredit me (nice try) rather than have meaningful
discussion, for which I applaud you for your brazen lack of decency.
Keep it up.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>