Re: How to Complain to a Webmaster

At 11:00 AM 10/31/2001 , Jim Ley wrote:
>Your post on how to make a complaint, clearly said you should complain
>solely to the author, nowhere did you mention educating the person who
>commissioned the site, of course I know you beleive educating everyone is
>important, but you said then (and repeated it in the post I'm replying
>to.) that you should start by complaining to the site developer - how
>does that educate the commisioner?

Because the title of the post was "how to complain to a webmaster."
You complain completely differently to a site policymaker -- for
example, it's not as important to give technical solutions.

Also, you typically send it in postal mail, not email!

These and other tips may be coming soon if I have enough time to
write "how to complain to site operators."  You may feel free to
take the initiative to write up your own version, because if it's
good enough, that will save me plenty of time and energy.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison