Re: How to Complain to a Webmaster

At 10:54 AM 10/31/2001 , David Woolley wrote:
> >         Don't make any threats -- legal or economic or otherwise.  Your
>It's not worth making threats, mainly because your bluff can be called.
> >        "I'm going to boycott your site unless it's more accessible!"
>I'd say that actually boycotting is probably the only thing that will
>sway the policy makers in many cases.

BTW, I think that actual boycotts (or any other actions, including
legal complaints) are far more effective than threats to do so.  In
other words, on the scale of what works:

Always Works:  nothing
Sometimes Works:  being reasonable
Rarely Works:  boycotts, public shame, legal complaints
Never Works:  threats

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>