Re: Tech, Condem, and Inform (Was: Re: OT (slightly): Salt Lake ' 02 Web master: Inaccessible site)

From: <tina@elfi.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:30:36 +0100 (CET)
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
On 30 Oct, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

> I still don't think this is what the WAI list should be used for,
> but it looks like I am outvoted.  Likewise, I don't believe in the
> bombing of Afghanistan, but perhaps I am doomed to hold a minority
> view when it comes to issues of revenge or justice or whatever it
> is we're looking to "teach."

  I beg your pardon ?

  Please show me, and the list, where in what I wrote I suggest that we
  'condem', 'try', 'bomb', or 'convict' Mr. Mitchell of anything ?

  It would also be informative to learn where in all of this the word
  'Afghanistan' appeared - and what made you bring this up in such a
  debate.

  Your attitude, Sir, is nothing short of disappointing, but it does
  very effectively end the debate. Save taking a defensive stance, there
  is nothing much more to be said.

  However, I am willing to repeat: we - anyone who advocate
  accessibility - must understand *why* developers do what they do, and
  *how* we can change attitudes. In order to do so, it is important that
  we look at *real life* examples - such as the Olympic Winter Games
  site.

   [+46] 0708 557 905