RE: a question of scripts (this time completed)

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spinsol.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:40:09 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> That approach will accommodate a broad range
> of individual needs but will also end up
> becoming a labour intensive task.
> Ay suggestions for ways of overcoming the
> problem will be very welcome!
A suggestion for how to reduce the labour overhead of this is to mark
up your content in XML. The XML can be converted to HTML on either
the server or the client (I'd recommend a wait-and-see with doing
this on the client, the browsers aren't very standards compliant as
of yet). Flash5 movies can be created which use the XML, and since
you would write the Java yourself, or have it written to your specs
you can have the XML as part of the design criteria.
This would result in one XML document being used for all three (or
more) formats and greatly reduce your day-to-day labour costs.
The XML itself could be written by hand, with a general purpose
XML-editor, or with an editor designed to write XML specifically for
your site.