Re: re:a question of scripts (this time completed)

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:51:44 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
"Jim Ley":
> "John Morse":
> > Apologies if this questions has been asked already,
> > I tried to search the archives but failed :(
>
> Just author your javascript well (use object detection, ensure it's not
> required, think carefully about events) and there shouldn't be any
> problems.

Al Gilman, reminded me, that I should've probably mentioned some
resources to help you author such scripts (too much time spend in
javascript groups where such is covered in FAQs etc.)

There are a few places to start the Script Techiques document:

then on object detection especially, one of the few resources is

The usenet group comp.lang.javascript can also provide good device
independance advice which generally helps a lot on Accessibilty aswell (I
also read, well I edit the FAQ aswell, and it's probably a more
appropriate place for specific javascript questions.).  It's faq can be
found at:

Jim.