dhtmlai focus group? Re: does tabbing raise an alt tag? was Re: Tooltips in HTML

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:45:07 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
A while back I wrote commenting that WAI should be known as HTMLAI due to
the focus of its attention.

Chaals wrote>So for your favourite browser maker, write to them and ask for
this feature to be included.

I've tried this tack with regard to transparency, and it might take 4 years,
or it might never happen.
If WAI means Web Accessibility Initiative, there is a responsibility for us
to identify issues and keep a journal.
This forum is an aspect of this, which I possibly abuse.

None the less
I do have a Mental Health student who only uses tabbing to navigate, she has
a fairly serious shake due to medication,and cannot control a mouse or
tracker ball.
I had not noticed the absence of alt/title tag information, which is
embarrassing as I've been teaching her for a few months...

This is a serious issue and is not to be resolved by the rather flippant
suggestion from Charles.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com