guideline 7.1 about screen flickering

From: Terrie King <tking@ucp.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:44:45 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Okay, experts!  I have been asked to put another agency's animated gif on my
Web site.  I am hesitant to  use it because of guideline 7.1--"Until user
agents allow users to control flickering, avoid causing the screen to
flicker."  Here's the link to the checklist item:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#tech-avoid-flicker

How can I determine if the gif in question is within the guidelines?  (gif
attached)  If it is not, I guess I can ask for a non-animated gif.

Terrie

Terrie L. King
Internet Marketing Manager

UCP National