Re: SVG authoring tool, please recommend one

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 07:17:14 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have now sent a request to the www-style list.

Charles wrote:
it is an extension of the principle that the stuff in a
link is meaningful, as applied to what is meaningful in a picture (a
transparent background generally isn't), but I think we should be more
explicit about that.

I absolutely concur with this, and it is a laboured path. How does one
'know' that there are 2 links/images in my example?
Well there is a fine continuum of demonstration, with MC Escher somewhere
near the middle.

Could we please have some indication of whom else we need to discuss this
with, i.e. on a HTML list, or elsewhere.

Re: imagemaps
As I understand it, never having authored an imagemap, they are designed to
have parts that do not move relative to one another, but which are
clickable, that is a very different purpose, and unsuitable for single
irregular shaped links, that are moveable.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory