Re: SVG authoring tool, please recommend one

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:28:00 +0100
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Imagemaps need defining, ie by using co-ordinates, and this is confusing for
user and author.
one is having to draw at least twice.

Having at least an option to define a colour as transparent and
non-clickable is 'natural'. there is a further issue as to whether internal
transparent areas be clickable, I can see no justification, as even with 256
colours one can select a similar but different colour.

We have to accept that there is no way that we can design a system that will
be failsafe. Even with the best of intentions, once there are a few movable
images on a page, there are bound to be many juxtapositions that are hard to
interpret.

Clickable transparency makes almost any position difficult to interpret,
without a complete understanding of the process.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory