images / alt text / title

From: Rebecca Cox <rebecca@cwa.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:00:01 +1200
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Here's question 2:

If I'm using a bunch of images as buttons in a navigation bar, the
best thing to do would be to give brief  "alt" text for each, and a
fuller description of where the link goes in the "title" attribute.

At the moment the site I'm thinking of has longish descriptions of
where the buttons link to, in their "alt" , but no "title".

Again, let me know if there's any strong opinions either way!

Cheers ears

Rebecca